Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Be Free

I'm not sure when I became a Sara Groves fan, but now, she receives credit for being the subject of most of my YouTube visits. (Though, as a side note, Chris Rice has been a fierce competitor. *smile*) Just a few minutes ago, I was listening to her song, "Different Kinds of Happy." I'm stuck on one line.

I'm not holding on to anything I'm not willing to let go, To be free.


free.

I think I can say that I am most free when I am most open. I really think the idea of freedom and openness can really go together. I am free when the senseless clutter of my life, when the bitterness, the sin, the pointless distractions, are out of my life. I am free when the doors and windows of my heart are open so God's Spirit can come in and cleanse me, so He can move me. I'm free when there is nothing I'm unwilling to give up, when my hands are outstretched, palms up, open. To hold or to give. Open.


This freedom that Sara talks about is what I desire, what I pray for this early morning . . . that I hold on to NOTHING that I'd be unwilling to let go of . . . to be free.

No comments: