Saturday, October 16, 2010

Anyway

I'm a dreamer. A visionary. There's this piece of me that wants to change my world, that wants to get involved with people's lives and love them to Jesus. Ann Kiemel gets credit for part of that . . . she inspires me. She's a lady who holds firmly to Jesus and tells people that her and Jesus are out to change the world. That love can do it. That wrapping arms around and hearts around can do it.

In the end, Jesus is the only One who can do it.

But I hope I can be so bold to believe that He wants to use us. As long as we know that it's not us doing the changing [sometimes, i forget this]. As long as we know that we're a vessel, that love should be that which compels us.

But sometimes I love for love. And then I fall. And often give up. And Jesus isn't glorified. Oh Jesus, teach me another way? Your way?

And then I hear songs like Anyway by Martina McBride, and this strengthens the dreams. You see, I want to truly love (for Jesus) anyway, even when I'm afraid. I want to truly give and dream and sing . . . even if all these things come crashing down or even just COULD come crashing down . . . I want to do it anyway. For Jesus. I am not of those that shrink back . . . as Paul would say. I am born of God, and He is strong, and He loves us anyway.

Make me like this, Jesus? Please? For Your sake alone.

Philippians 1:9-11 NIV

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ --- to the glory and praise of God."

May our love be His love, a love deeply knowledgeable and insightful that directs us in purity, a love that reaches out to touch this mangled world even when it could be rejected . . . to Love. Anyway.

No comments: