Monday, November 16, 2009

A Continuous Trek to 1000 Gifts

I have so much to be thankful for. One thing I'm so not grateful for, however, is the fact that the whole U.S. of A. seems to think it's time for Christmas before we even begin Thanksgiving. Sad, huh? But I guess Thanksgiving isn't just restricted to a date on the calendar, is it? It's a mindset. I'm not "there" yet, but I'm working on it. I need to remember to add to my "thank you" list daily and not just on Mondays, because truly every day is littered with gifts from God's hand. We just got to keep those eyes open, ya know? :)

236. Little boy hand reaching between seats in airplane

237. Visit to Asbury College in KY, several states away . . .

238. Rolling green of Kentucky fields

239. Note in suitcase from Mom

240. Free gifts from Asbury - - new water bottle, t-shirt, lanyard, bag - yay! :)

241. Seeing Friend from my state who's currently in Kentucky doing some super cool volunteer work

242. Late night talk with my sweet dorm host during college visit

243. Meeting mutual friend and getting more Asbury info

244. Kentucky accents

245. Sister's letter filled with pageant quotes

246. Big brick buildings

247. Enthusiastic English teachers

248. Moments of revelation

249. Ale 8 1 ("A Late One") . . . Kentucky's very own Ginger-Ale type of pop

250. Time with dad as we traveled through this college visit together.

Happy today!

No comments: