Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It Was Because of Your Words

that I sprawled out Isaiah 49:15-16 on one side of a 3x5 index card and Psalms 62:5-8 on the back. It was because of your words that I slipped it in my pocket and headed out the door in sweats and a t-shirt and a stormy heart. Yes, friend, it was you telling me to pray on the way that I cried out to Him on the way to the gym, and His reminder was in words I had heard before:

Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm how big your God is


And maybe I worry more than I think I do. Maybe I get caught up in storms. Most of 'em are probably fear storms. I don't know my ending for this one particular story, and it scares me. Pain and broken hearts scare me. Being rejected scares me. Numbs me. Makes me want to run away.

[Side note: One of my favorite things about my relationship with Jesus: I can depend on Him chasing me when I run away]

And I wanted to tell Jesus all about it. I wanted to be able to talk it out with Him, have it all laid out, and I want to get rid of this silly rain storm in the right hand corner of my room with the cube in it. (inside "joke") And then some words my roommate had said last night came into my head along with the above quote, especially these words:

Tell the storm how big your God is.

So I think I'm just going to do that . . . Here's a quick note:

Mister Storm,
"I hate your stinking guts" (Little Rascals quote), and I wanted to fill you in on something. It is for freedom that Christ has set me free (Gal 5:1), and you will not imprison me.

And Mister Storm? My Daddy is big. He's my castle, and I'm safe in Him. You can't come to me without His okay, and you are no more than I can handle. I am not of those that shrink back. In fact, my Daddy gives me courage, and He's fighting for me. He's pretty huge, you know. So don't worry, you won't defeat me.

And Mr. Storm? "God is a refuge for us." (Ps 62:8b) His words are these: " . . . yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands . . ." (Isaiah 49:15b-16a) Pour all you want. I'll wait until it's over. Just saying . . .

from: danae




Oh, and friend? I'm not sure you'll read this, not sure how often you check back here, but I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you so much. You are a picture of God's grace to me, His sweet blessing. Your words, your testimony moved me so much last night, and I'm praying for you now, that God would continue to heal you and take away your fear. You are "Christ-Bearer." Be strong and courageous.

And friend? You have so encouraged me and inspired me . . . after all, I began my first day of running 5 minutes on that treadmill today. ;) Thank you.

1 comment:

Briana said...

YES to Cube and Little Rascals ;)

And Yes to GOD being BIGGER than the STORM!!