Friday, March 11, 2011

A Prayer for Japan

I scanned the recently added blog posts that have been written by the bloggers I follow. I figured I'd see the most recent posts focusing on Japan but nothing yet, so I will write. My heart is heavy for them. For the beautiful people. They're PEOPLE just like ME. I forget that sometimes. I'll be honest and broken. Sometimes, I don't let it sink in that people in other cultures from my own are . . . people. They're humans with thoughts in their heads, with feelings in their hearts. Forgive me, God! Forgive me!

And these are PEOPLE that are dying RIGHT NOW. Oh God of Heaven, please HEAR their LITERAL CRIES. Reach out Your God-hands to the dying, Jesus. There are probably kids right now who are shuffled under debris, and it's only a matter of hours until they will die. You SEE them, Jesus. Please, please, please be near to them now. Send rescuers. Send Love. We need You, Jesus. Oh how we need You. They're my family, God. Some of them, and those that aren't, oh Jesus . . . You know where they go if they don't see You now. Jesus, send VISIONS, send Your name! Please, please fight for these people!

I love You, Lord. I know You are strong. I know You are like a Warrior. I know You are POWERFUL and Certain and Intentional and Compassionate. Slow to Anger. Abounding in Love. Come, Lord Jesus. Come.

No comments: