Saturday, September 18, 2010

Waters Rise

There's this little boy I can see from my window. He's dressed in a sailor blue raincoat, and I'm sure some rubber boots. It's sprinkling and gray outside, and in his hands, he's holding and twirling this hose, washing down his swing set. He must be around four. I just had to share because it's one of the cutest things I've seen in awhile. :) Oh, wait! There's another tike, except this one is barefoot and walking around with probably just a shirt and a diaper . . . oh boy. OH! You should see him! He's so cute. He's probably 2 or 3, and I think his momma just called him. I truly believe children are God's gift to the world.

But that really wasn't what I was going to blog about. I got distracted.

I'm scared. I journeyed out not that long ago into a place where I maybe shouldn't have been, and now I'm facing the rivers, praying that I can somehow relax in His arms as the waters rise.

And those words. Those "Be Still and Know that I AM GOD" words. Echo.

But Jesus? I'm SCARED.

But danae, I'm with you.

But Jesus?

danae, who am I?

I don't know if I know!

Hush. Be still. Be quiet. Let go. Relax your hands.

Who am I, danae?


You are God.

What does that mean, danae? That I am God?


It means You're in control, Jesus. It means that You're my castle and my refuge. It means that You know all, that You only can protect me fully, that my heart is safe in Your hands. Daddy, it means I don't have to worry, that I can hide in You.

"Be still my soul, the Lord is on your side."

Be still and know that God is GOD.

2 comments:

briana said...

I LOVE the picture of the boy washing his swing! TOO CUTE! This is very good writing Danae!

Danae Cowan said...

Ah! Thanks for the comment! It's been a long time since I've gotten one of those. :)

I wish you could have seen the little guy . . . it was so cute. <3