Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spinning Laundry

So I'm sitting here, listening to the laundry whirl about in the dryer, hoping it will soon dry so I can go to bed. Oh boy. Why did I get myself into this again? Oh, . . . it just beeped. Got to go check it . . . I'll be right back. . .

Okay, so it's not done yet. Rats. I wonder if wet towels will be okay, waiting for their turn in the ol' dryer 'til morning. Hmm. Anyway! Happy Wednesday! :)

So I had a break-through moment today. Well, kinda. I was pretty resistant to it, but I suppose it got the best of me. Now before I went to school this morning, I flipped the pages of my Bible to Lamentations 3:19-33. Amidst those verses is the commonly quote phrase, ". . . His compassions never fail. They are new every morning . . ." Isn't that great? Anyway (break-through moment still to come in case you were wondering . . . ), so after I closed my Bible and got around, my sis and I headed off to Spanish 3, our zero period class. Now, to be honest, I was not looking forward to this class.
Point A) I was tired.
Point B) The teacher had not shown up and left us stranded on Monday; I think we deserved to sleep in.
Point C) I was extremely exhausted.

Okay, so to sum it up, I was very tired and quite honestly, a little bitter. So, we arrived at school on time and in one piece, and our teacher showed up. So disgusted at this whole early-morning-Spanish thing, Sister and I and another student headed towards our classroom. Now, I know this is completely irrational (but that dumb human nature has a way of wrecking my life and like a fore mentioned, I was tired), but I was pretty aggravated with my teacher. Why in this whole little earth did he not call us Monday morning so we could have slept an extra hour instead of wait in our little cars and arriving at school out-landishly early for a class that didn't even happen because he was sick and had known about it the previous Friday? Feel my pain? But you know what hit me like a day old banana peal? "His compassions never fail" "New . . . EVERY morning." I have been so smothered in grace. It is beyond anything I could ever hope to deserve. I can count on the compassions of God, EVERY single morning, however early I have to wake up. If God has granted me something I completely don't deserve, why am I holding it back from another? [Ouch.] I needed to hear that. I'm so glad God uses His Spirit to teach me, even though I will willingly admit, His way is NOT the easy way. It's run-ten-laps-in-the-pouring-rain-then-20-crunches-followed-by-jogging-3.9-miles hard. Okay, maybe not, but you follow me? It's kinda exciting though, and in the end, it kinda feels a lot better. I am so stinking selfish. God has so much work to do with this pitiful creature, but I'm glad He hasn't given up on me yet. Oh boy am I glad.

Well, the dryer just beeped again. Hmm . . . I sure hope the load is done by now. If not, we might get wet towels in the morning. Smile. :) Happy day!

No comments: