Monday, July 19, 2010

Quite the Week

From last Sunday to this Sunday, it has been quite the week. Decisions, college class registration, tears, broken relationships, mending relationships. My. But tucked within the chaos and the pain, there have been joy and song. Even When I Couldn't Hear It. Because God is love, and He teaches me the New Song, the brilliance of morning, of being free. With an open heart, I want to give Him my Thanks. Honest thanks, for:

661. Being able to pick fresh, red raspberries.

662. The joy on Grandma and Grandpa's face when sis and I visited them.

663. Getting smoothies with Briana and sitting outside with her to keep warm while I'm drinking my cold smoothie. :)

664. That I could clean "my" church.

665. Being able to talk things out with my dad.

666. A comment on my blog by a friend :)

667. For Jesus leading me to make a decision and giving me the strength to do it.

668. Being able to cry and release and hopefully move forward now. Free.

669. The way dear Friend came and sat with me and talked with me. She understood and cared and encouraged. Jesus knew I needed her then.

670. Director friend's hug and understanding.

671. E-mails from Chinese friends. I miss 'em!

672. Picnics outside on our kinda new picnic table.

673. That I'm a step closer to college, classes figured out.

674. That I could re-read some old letters I wrote to a friend, that I could be put back into perspective.

675. Blueberries and raspberries growing from our plants here.

676. "Sunrise" by Nicole Nordeman

"If I had the chance
To go back again
Take a different road, bear a lighter load
Tell an easy story

I would walk away
With my yesterdays
And I would not trade what is broken for beauty only

Every valley
Every bitter chill
Made me ready to climb back up the hill
And find that . . .

You are sunrise
You are blue skies
How would I know the morning
If I knew not midnight?

You're my horizon
You're the light of a new dawn
So thank You, thank You
That after the long night, You are sunrise

There's a moment when
Faith caves in
There's a time when every soul is certain God is gone

But every shadow is evidence of sun
And every tomorrow holds out hope for us
For every one of us

You are sunrise
You are blue skies
How would I know the morning
If I knew not midnight?

You're my horizon
You're the light of a new dawn
So thank You, thank You
That after the long night, You are sunrise

You alone will shine
You alone can resurrect this heart of mine

You are sunrise
You are blue skies
How would I know the morning
If I knew not midnight?

You're my horizon
You're the light of a new dawn
So thank You, thank You
That after the long night, You are sunrise

You are sunrise"


677. His Words. Psalms 119:25-32. Especially verse 32:

"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free."



678. Another friend mouthing the words, "We'll be praying." The love of God is a marvelous thing.

679. Letter from sister.

680. The cherry tree on the side of the road . . . our personal snack machine after Mom and my walks. :)

No comments: