Monday, July 26, 2010

Dragons of Memories

I try to daily write in a journal, filling it with letters (I guess people call them prayers) to my Heavenly Father. I'm not exactly sure how I got started, but I think I began during January of my seventh grade year. Anyways, I'm so glad I started, and I'd encourage anyone (especially if you like to express yourself through writing) to start . . . it's a great way to get out some caged up, unaccounted for emotions onto paper, and it helps keep a steady record of how the Lord has been working. Anyway, that's that.

So, last night, I kept my entry pretty short. It was about dragons. I wondered if some dragons die slowly or if they just resurrect a couple of times before they stay in their graves. The past few weeks, maybe I should say months, I've been fighting dragons, particularly last week, warring against this particular issue that has come up, that I had probably fed for too long. Anyways, there were days where this dragon seemed quite conquered. And yet other days? The same horrid fellow creeps up into my zone. Again. Sometimes it's just a memory that's a match, and he's lit up like a Christmas tree, ready to blast his fire. Sometimes, I don't hit at him quick enough, and he's just there, until I realize the urgency of the situation.

Okay, is this completely nonsense or are you picking up what I'm laying down? You know what I'm saying? Okay, it may be nonsense regardless, but "dragons" are "dragons." And I can't fight them on my own.

Mom and I try to walk almost each weekday, and we share verses with each other. I wanted to share one verse with you that she shared with me and that was also shared in church this past Sunday (maybe I'm supposed to be learning something?? haha). This is a dragon slayer verse . . .

Isaiah 41:10 New Living Translation:

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.


God's got our back . . . a good thing, huh? Of course, we don't just leave it at that. We must "Be still and know" (thank you Addie and Holly for this reminder), trusting that He is God.

Wherever you are today, whatever dragons you're working on killing, know that the true Dragon-Slayer is with you, that even if the dragons might seem to resurrect, the ultimate victory has been decided from the beginning. What a good thing.

Thank you Jesus . . .

681. That I'm really small, but He's really big, that I can trust Him. He knows how to deal with them dragons after all . . . :)

682. Potato bread, the store-bought, hardly-good-for-you kind. :)

683. Holly friend encouraging me with what I needed to hear.

684. Little girls' smile and their tackles and laugh when I tickled them.

685. Morning star

686. Expanses of wheat shoots

687. The green-ness of a grass field

688. The way my sister is so amazing at photography

689. Playing "Come Thou Font" with Briana (sister) for offertory.

690. Singing with friends at Willamette Celebration

691. Fresh blueberries

692. Him working on me . . . it's about Jesus-dependence.

693. A church library filled with books and more on the way hopefully.

694. Being able to read a small Max Lucado book in one setting, hidden away.

695. The "Nuggets" (Bible Verses) Mom and I share on our walks.

No comments: