Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days of Rest





Photo Credits to Briana Cowan
(Reflections of Joy Photography)


Why am I doing this?

Why am I jumping on this bandwagon again of blogging 31 days on one topic?

Why would I choose to add one more thing to my busy schedule?

And on top of that, why would I choose to write about rest for several consecutive days? Ironic?

Why?

Crud, I don't know.

Maybe because I need it.

Because in all of this busyness, if I don't figure out how to spend time silent before the feet of Jesus, than this whole Martha thing ain't working out so well. Do you know what I mean?

Are you thirsty too?

Come, please come with me.

I don't promise to write each of the 31 days (though I'll try . . . I'm giving myself Resting Room *wink*).

I don't promise to walk this out well (though I'll try . . . I'm not good at this gig yet).

Come, come with me. While this is a journey of rest, it's also a journey of seeking the Savior.

I'm learning I cannot dare live without Him.

And I hear that only He can offer Rest.

Come?


2 comments:

Kayla said...

Danae! So stoked and honored to join you on this journey of rest.

"I'm learning I cannot dare live without Him." This is so poignant and so true of life right now. Thanks for allowing your words to bring clarity and encouragement to me, sis.

Thank you for having the courage to walk out on this limb in faith and with expectance that He who promises rest will prove Himself faithful.

I love you and can't wait to see how He encourages and challenges through these next 31 days.

Unknown said...

Awesome. More power to you. lol Yes, it is a little ironic to add an additional task to your plate, but I think it's admirable. I think it's important to take the time to do things that are important to you/your relationship with the Lord, and I hope you're able to better learn what it means to rest through this all. I look forward to hearing (reading?) what God teaches you.