Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Eight Hundred Gifts

I whisper the sentence a few times in most every deep prayer.

"I am unworthy, I am unworthy, I am unworthy."

It's remembering the dust from which You have called me and dreamed me. There is no sufficient reason for grace.

But I sit in Your presence and let it work in me and fill me and change me.

Let me always turn to say "Thank You." Not once, not twice, but a thousand times a thousand times. Here's a continuation of a list I started probably over a year ago. I'm on a journey to record a 1000 things of gratefulness.

786. The blue, cloudless sky on a winter day . . . to step into sunlight.

787. That I am surrounded by good friends, north stars pointing me in His direction.

788. That Jesus sent me a sweet friend to just be there when I needed someone so much to just be there Monday night.

789. Moments of stillness, opportunities to soak in His presence. To be redeemed.

790. The way that I could survive and be alert with only 4 hours of sleep on Monday (and no naps! *smile*). God gives strength.

791. For another friend being there to give me a hug, to pray for me, and to share her heart and struggles. Beauty is in the being real. Honest.

792. Chocolate milk. Mmm. :)

793. The different shades of blue as the sun set in city.

794. That I can trust the Lord because He loves me, because He sees a picture I can't see. I can fall in His arms.

795. For a full gas tank. That I have money to fill it right now.

796. Being able to go home this past weekend with good friend, being able to share a piece of me.

797. Ann Voskamp's quote

"Poor communication doesn’t disconnect souls. It’s the disconnected souls who poorly communicate. I am learning.

Words may only magnify the fractures."


798. The Living Word of God. 2nd Corinthians.

799. That God is showing me how much I need Him. That He must be King.

800. "Reign in Us" by Starfield.

Let me lie on Your palace floor, Lord. I'm not worthy to stand in Your presence, yet You let me in and love me. You change me and move me here. Alleluia! I love You. Break me to surrender.

1 comment:

bitnee said...

I love this!! You continually bless people by your love and passion for God. :)

I love you girl. Stay strong and focused!