Sunday, February 20, 2011

On To Twenty!!!

I have officially lived nineteen years on planet earth, and now, each day I'm living from now until February 19, 2012 is living through my twentieth year. Woo Hoo!!!

SO, I wanted to be creative and take pictures throughout my birthday to remember the good things that happened, but that would require a happy mix between danae and a camera, and for some reason, those two aren't a very faithful pair. SO, instead of taking many pictures ON my birthday, I took a couple today to remember what I did. SO, here goes . . .




A highlight of my birthday was going with two of my dear friends, Clarissa and Brigitte, to a Matthew West concert with Josh Wilson as the special guest. I'll be honest, it wasn't exactly what I expected from Matthew West, but I definitely LOVED Josh Wilson. His song to his wife was great . . . I hope it's on youtube soon! :)I also really liked Matthew West's song "To Me." He wrote it for a middle schooler, and it's a beautiful song of God's beautiful love for His kids. He sees in us what others can't see, and I wonder if Matthew's right, if He sometimes wishes that others could see in us what He sees?

After the concert, us girls headed to YoCream with our Christian music up loud and Brigitte singing her lungs out through the open window and us chowing down on some sugar cookies one of my friends sent me for my birthday. :) It was fun to just be crazy, God-loving girls. :)


Okay, so I have this beautiful friend named Chris, and he blessed me so much by bringing me fun gifts for my birthday. One of those gifts was a pack of bottled Root Beer!! Mmmm! SO GOOD! :) So we just sat downstairs in the lower lounge at school and sipped on root beer and ate the cake he brought as well and just talked. It was so, so kind of him to go out of his way to make me feel special. Meant a lot!




Besides the root beer, he also had this BEAUTIFUL cake made!! Ah, this picture doesn't do it justice. It's a small cake that's the PERFECT size, and it's so yummy! Chocolate ERUPTION is the name. Is that not great?! :) Thank you, Chris!!! That was so fun. :) I wasn't sure I'd have cake on my birthday, but I did! :)


Among these, I got phone calls from family and my roommate, it was a beautifully sunny day, I got to spend some time in the prayer chapel, some sweet people told me "Happy Birthday," plus . . . I'm now 19, and I like that number.

Well, thank you for reading! I hope that you have a lovely week, that you can live it in Authentic Community as I heard about in church today. :) Bye for now!! :)

No comments: