Monday, January 18, 2010

Backtrack

As most of you know, I began a journey to 1000 Gifts not that long ago. It was meant to be a journey of thankfulness, tallying up the things I'm thankful for and have been blessed by, but lately, I feel like I've just been going through the motions of it, just listing highlights of my week, not really digging deeper or trying to establish a heart of thankfulness. Thus, there's no point. At. All. So, in order to try to revert my heart back into thankfulness mode, I'm just going to post one thing that I'm thankful for today. Something I'm truly thankful for instead of just zapping the blogosphere with a half-hearted list of gratitude. So today? Today I'm so thankful . . .



378. That Jesus loves me deeper than I thought possible. That His love sweeps into the most arid parts of my being. That His love is not frightened away by my ugliness. My secrets. That His love heals me . . . it dips into the inmost, and I am new. NEW. alleluia . . . That He didn't love me and leave me. He's here to stay, . . . to dance with me and speak into me to run, to run to the world with His light, to run into the hurting, to run into the dying, to run into Him, into Peace. To Run. To Live. To Die. Oh thank You isn't enough. It will never be. Ever. But for now, it is what I have to give. That and this makeshift life of mine. Oh how I hold back too often. I'm selfish, prideful, arrogant, ashamed. Never ever enough. But His love is . . . I'm learning, and I'm changing. Piece by piece. . .

No comments: