Thursday, August 20, 2009

Leftover Stew

Okay, so I really don't have much to say, and yet, I have everything to say in the same post. Hmm . . . so this might turn out to be a little like leftover stew . . . the ingredients being a little of this and a little of that and whatever's leftover, you know?

So, today I met this fantastic family that I'll be working for occasionally. It's mom, big sis, brother, little brother, and little sis. Dad's in Iraq . . . missing those kids and his wife I'm sure. I can't wait to serve 'em and love 'em, hope that God uses me, uses my broken pieces.

As I think about some of the past posts I've written, I feel like I've kinda distorted my image. Sometimes, it's quite easy for me to do that. I so enjoy writing, crafting words into webs of art. Often, I go through tough circumstances and imagine myself talking about it later to a big crowd or writing about it as if my story gives me value. But words and stories are nothing when wrapped in paper. They must be real. Transparent. Open. Full of rough edges and sometimes even loose strings. And sometimes, sometimes experiences are sacred . . . words spoken have power to break sacredness. I must remember. Forgive me when I get carried away with poetry and forget to write out the true lining and throbbing of my heart. I want to be real.

Speaking of real, brokenness is a condition I'm quite used to by now. It's a very hard condition to experience yet one laced with grace. But you don't always feel the grace. No. Sometimes, you feel deep pain. Sometimes, you don't feel anything at all . . . and sometimes, that's what hurts the most. I am a broken, prideful, sinful, weak person, but Jesus is holding me up, redeeming me. He is changing me. Breaking me. Speaking Life to me. Singing over me. And one day, I will live with Him forever. I will truly be who I was meant to be before the beginning of time. And you will be too, if He is the Lord and Savior of Your life.

I don't want to present you with the picture of who I want to be. I want to show you who I am. Not sure how that's going to work, but I'll see what I can do. :) Anyway, the night is fleeing from me, and I must end this leftover stew. :) Have a wonderful night, wherever you are, whoever you are. :) You are precious in the sight of God. It's true . . . I know. :)

Yours truly,
just Simply Danae

PS Christina Marie, I love you! Thank you for your post . . . it made me smile. I hope this random-ish post makes you grin. :)

No comments: