Saturday, August 15, 2009

"These Are a Few of My Favorite Things"

Well, hello. Happy Saturday! I am so thankful for weekends. My my. Weekends = Blessings. :) Weekends are definitely one of my favorite things. I am so glad that God allowed us and designed us to take some time to rest. Here's a few of my other favorite things that I'd like to share with you:

1) A Holy Experience: earth is crammed with heaven and every common bush afire with God -- This has to be one of my FAVORITE websites right now. Practically each morning, normally after a walk with my mom and sister, I check out this website and read Ann Voskamp's daily post. They are beautiful! Ann has such a talented gift to mold and paint words and such a gift to encourage and uplift. She herself is truly beautiful because you can see God shining through her. She writes each weekday and posts one section of writing for the weekend. There's even beautiful, peaceful music to listen to as you read. It's worth checking out; I'm telling ya! :)

2) (in)Courage -- I actually read about this site from Voskamp's website and really like it! Basically, it's a group of women who gather together and post some pieces of writing. It is so uplifting. It's definitely a fav.

3) David Nevue Piano Music - - This man is so talented and his music so peaceful and lovely! Let's just say I'm a fan. :)

4) Balancing Beauty and Bedlam - - Okay, so I haven't had much time to check this website out, but what I've seen thus far, I've so enjoyed! I'm one of those thrifty folks I suppose you could say who enjoys reading about creative ways to keep costs down. I'm in for the small price tag and the big deals. This website is full of cute and fun ideas! This woman's husband has been unemployed for awhile, and she's trying to pinch the pennies as she relies on God during this "God-watch" as she puts it. This is a fun site to visit.

5) Suncatchers, Wildflower in My Heart, & By the Light of a Thousand Stars by Jaime Langston Turner. -- I am such a fan of this author! She is incredible! She's one of the few Christian authors who doesn't seem to feel obligated to twist all of her creations into romantic adventures, which is a personal plus! I also really enjoy her work because of her writing style! She's incredible!!! I still remember some descriptions she used in her books, like when she mentioned the moon being a bowl of cream and a husky voice that she described as being the kind where you feel like you have to clear your throat for the other person's voice. :) Her characters are so developed as well. She's definitely one of my favorite authors!

6) Bethany Dillon music -- This girl is lovely. In many ways, I think we're a lot alike. She's actually releasing a new C.D. in the very near future. If you click on the link, you can go to her MySpace page and listen to some of her music. The first song on there, "Everyone To Know," is one that I like much. I like her style, and in most of her songs, her words are very deep, thought out. Another song you can listen to there is "Clinging to the Cross" - - that's another great one! "Change" is one of my favorites by her as well. The lyrics are great!

7) Ephesians -- This is a book I've been trying to study lately. I have a New Testament in the form of a magazine that I have been reading Ephesians in lately. I've been able to circle words and underline them and write notes, which has really helped me digest it better. I must be a visual person? :) It's been nice to just focus on one book and read it and reread it several times.

Well, these are but a few of my "favorite" things. Maybe I'll share some more another time? May your day be embedded with blessings. :) Smile today!

Yours truly,
just Simply Danae

"I ask the Father in His great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through His Spirit. I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love. And I pray that you and all God's holy people will have the power to understand the greatness of Christ's love-- how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is. Christ's love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:16-19 NCV




No comments: