Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7: Brokenness is Weakness

At this point in my brokenness blogging adventure, I'm feeling like the word "BROKEN" is such an ambiguous term. We say we're broken when we're hurting. We call it brokenness when we're lonely. We synthesize brokenness with humility on some days. Oh my. So, I'm not fully sure what words I should be looking for in the Bible to seek out brokenness, but I think weakness might be a good synonym. 

So tonight, I'm sticking with the dictionary definition of brokenness being "weakened in strength, spirit." (dictionary.com).

And I can't get around Paul's conversation with Jesus . . . 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV
"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions,  and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

If this is a safe synonym, 

than maybe it's okay to say that we can boast in our brokenness. Brokenness is something to be grateful for.

than maybe we can say that it's okay to be broken. To live in our brokenness. 

than maybe brokenness is key to strength . . . 

is the intersection where Christ's power comes and meets us, completing our brokenness . . . wholeness.

Maybe? Maybe?




1 comment:

bitnee said...

Yes yes yes!!! Brokenness is something to be thankful for!!! It is what makes us like Jesus. We are united more with Him when we are broken because He was oh so broken for us.

I love you, sweet friend. And I am so proud how you keep running to Jesus when it isn't easy. Keep your head up. Keep your eyes on Him. Oh, He loves you soooo much. I love you a whole lot.

Thank you for your posts every day. Praying for you in this time! <3