Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 19: Changing Our Minds

On Sunday as Dad and I were driving to evening church, I asked him what he thought prayer is all about.

He thought for a little bit and than gave me an answer I wasn't expecting.

I'm probably going to butcher his quote, but it went something to the effect of:

"I think prayer is about seeing things the way God sees them."

It's about presenting things to Jesus and letting Him change our view on them or about Him giving us a broken heart for the things that breaks His. Prayer is a process that makes our heart more like the heart of Jesus.

Interesting!!!!

Catch this. Oswald Chambers has a quote that kinda ties into this idea.

Is the Son of God praying in me, or am I dictating to Him? . . . . Prayer is not simply getting things from God, that is a most initial form of prayer; prayer is getting into perfect communion with God. If the Son of God is formed in us by regeneration, He will press forward in front of our common sense and change our attitude to the things about which we pray.


Am I letting the Holy Spirit pray through me? What does that even look like? So many questions. There are answers somewhere.

Father,
What does it mean for You to change my heart when I pray? Is this what prayer is all about? I have so many questions. Am I simply missing the point? Let me see You, Jesus. Please. Let me just see You.

I love You, King! Thank You so much for being so present today.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Briana said...

wow! Go dad! That was profound and so good. I also really liked the quote. I think I experienced that more today. I felt so bla until I came to Him and was able to sit in His presence. What a blessing prayer is, how healing.