Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 7: Praying to the Sovereign Lord

"And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness." (Acts 4.31)

What is this prayer that shakes places and opens us up to be filled with His Spirit?

Previously, the Bible shares with us the prayer the believers prayed. It was a prayer for boldness. There are a few interesting things that stick out to me in this passage, but one is this:

They addressed God as Sovereign Lord.

As "they lifted their voices together to God," they were coming to Him in His Sovereignty and Lordship. They were believing that He could accomplish what they asked of Him.

I'm not sure how connected that part of the prayer is in making this an earth-shaking prayer, but I think there must be great significance in how we address God in prayer and also who we believe God is when we come to Him in prayer.

When I pray, do I trust God that He has things in control?

Do I trust that He is even capable of giving me what I need and directing me?

I don't want to lose sight of the God I'm praying to when I pray. Friends, it is so easy. So easy to lose sight of YHWH, of the KING as we pray. I have this theory that needs to be tested, and it goes like this: Earth shaking prayers are prayed by warriors who know who their God is and because of this, know what to ask Him.

What do you think?

Prayer for Day 7 is Peace

Dear Father,

Thank You for Friday. Thank You, thank You, thank You. We made it. :) Oh Jesus, I have so much to do for this week. But You are Sovereign Lord. You have me in Your hands. Please give me the strength to press through.

Please give me Your peace, Jesus. Please help me to carry it with me so others can experience Your peace through Your presence in me. Sovereign Lord, please come.

I'm so glad I'm Yours.
I love You. I want to really love You, Jesus.
Amen.

No comments: