Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 25: Thank You, Jesus

There are so many aspects of prayer.

Part of me doesn't want to mention them though. I don't want to make prayer scientific. I want to make it real. I want to make it all about loving Jesus and meeting Jesus and being real before Him.

But there is one aspect of prayer that is so important, that must never be seen as scientific but as a fresh, beautiful form of speaking to our Maker. This is thankfulness.

Gratitude is one of the most beautiful vessels of healing and praise. It's a two fold beauty. I've experienced its healing, but even so, I don't thank Him enough.

One way that I have tried to remember to say Thank You is to carry with me a piece of paper and just list the things that I'm thankful for, list the ways that I see Jesus loving on me and revealing His goodness to me through people, circumstances in the day. This has helped, but I haven't done it very often. Tomorrow's a new day. I should do it tomorrow. :)

How do you remember to say thanks? Any helpful hints?

Dear Father,

You have given such beautiful gifts, Lord. And some of them aren't beautiful at all, but they are good because You are, because You use them for my good. Please create in me a thankful spirit, one that always turns back to tell You "thank You."

In Jesus' name.
amen

No comments: